Commitment to Initiatives
Signing of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
In August 2019, our asset manager, Canadian Solar Asset Management K.K. (“CSAM”), has become a signatory to the UN PRI. UN PRI was launched in 2006 by Kofi Annan who was Secretary General of United Nations at that time. The initiative is the common framework for asset managers and institutional investors to incorporate ESG issues into their decision-making process. By becoming a signatory to the UN PRI, CSAM is committed to fulfilling its social responsibilities as an asset management company and takes ESG issues as the important factors for the best long-term interests of our clients and investors.
＜The Six Principles＞
1. We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
2. We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
3. We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
4. We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
5. We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
6. We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.